Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Day of LOVE

Valentine's Day this year was focused on our kids. Carter and I were on our way to Kansas City for a romantic getaway so we decided to spend Valentine's with the kiddos. The night before was spent, as always, frantically coming up with a creative Valentine's box for school (why teachers,why???). This year we decided on a giant lego, which I took zero pictures of. Nice. The next hours were spent making these cute valentines...mustaches for the boys and lips for the girls. I found the idea at Familyfun.com. They were a huge hit, and super easy and inexpensive.





On Valentine's day my parent's came into town and my mom and I spent the day making our traditional Chinese dinner. The menu this year included: orange chicken. spicy chicken, steamed rice, noodles, fortune cookies and poky. My kids love this tradition and look forward to it every year. It was extra special this year to have my mom and dad with us. After dinner cupid rang the doorbell and the kids each got a special treat, another tradition they look forward to. We love Valentine's day at our house, just another way to tell these little people how much we adore them.



1 comment:

Felisa said...

How Dang FUN!!!
Not that I would expect any less from you. But what an awesome Mom you are!