Monday, February 23, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

Some how(I can't say no)I ended up in charge of teacher appreciation week for the elementary school this year. Our school is HORIZON SUPER HERO'S so we chose a superhero theme (thanks Jodi). We blew up the teachers heads and put them on superhero posters in the front of the school instead of having room moms decorate each teachers door. I turned out so great, the teachers were gathering around and laughing, and the kids thought it was so great. Other events this week will include:
Something fun in the staff room everyday, a drawing for a gift certificate every day, a lunch on Wednesday and kids bringing different things each day. It is going to be a fun and long week!
The moms helping me this year are so amazing. They are each in charge putting something in the teachers lounge one day, they all helped with the bulletin board and they are doing all kinds of amazing things! I couldn't have pulled it off without them!






One of the cute ladies helping me found these umbrellas at the dollar store and found this cute saying to go with it! Funny thing---it poured today! This is what was on the tables in the staff room when the teachers got to school today.

This is what we gave away for the drawing today. Another cute lady on the committee got pasta factory to donate a 25.00 gift certificate, then she put together this adorable superhero bucket.


7 comments:

Ryan Family said...

Good Job Lori!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Very cute! I think you should write a book with all your cute ideas. I think it would be a top seller for sure!...you think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

The Sullenger's said...

I don't know who is enjoying more the Teachers or the students. I can't believe that you have time to blog about it either.

Rarely David usually Lisa said...

What great ideas. You never stop, do you?

Erin said...

Lori!!! You are the best!!! Thank you, and your committee, for all your work! I am getting TONS of comments (all good) from teachers! And since you can't say no (I have the same problem), wanna do it again next year?? haha

Anonymous said...

You're in charge because you do amazing things!! DUH! So cute!!

Kirsten and Cory said...

WOW...I am never disappointed when I hear about your ideas!