Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Their "Fondest Dream"


Meet Emily and KC. Emily is the little sister of one of my oldest and dearest friends, Amber. We grew up together, practically living together. Emily is a twin to Melody. They were the sweetest little girls ever. They were the best friends of my little sister Ashley.I still remember the afternoon that Amber and I came up the drive way to Amber's house and her mom told us she was having twins! Emily is a talented young woman who wants to have children badly. They are seeking all of our collective efforts to help them find a baby to adopt. I cannot think of a more deserving or capable little couple. They have a new website called "Fondest Dream". To see more about this amazing couple click on my side bar to go to their website. Here is a little blurb from her blog about why she chose this name for thier website (I thought it was touching).


By the way, the title of our new website was inspired by a hymn that has really been close to my heart during this process. This verse in particular:

I believe in Christ; He stands supreme! With him I'll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."
I believe in Christ; so come what may, With him I'll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again To rule among the sons of men.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Lori, you are so sweet to include us on your blog! We are confident that with all these forces coming together, we are bound to find our child. Thanks for being so loving and supportive. How funny that you can remember when my mom was pregnant with us. I certainly have some good memories with you and Amber growing up. Thanks again.

Katrine said...

I have great memories of Emily also! I loved it when I got the chance to babysit Emily and Melody because I could pretend they were my little sisters! I wish them all the best in their search for their baby. It will happen! My brother Daniel and his wife are also trying to adopt. It is quite the journey.

Woods said...

You are so sweet. I think this will help get the word out. I can't wait for her to be a mother one day soon. I can't think of anyone better.

Kirsten and Cory said...

I remember Emily's family from when I worked for Cory's Dad (dental office). They were the cuteset little girls. I am so excited for them. The wait is hard, but when it comes together, it will be an awesome experience and one that they would never want to trade. It is so hard to feel like you have no control whatsoever, but it sounds like they have the best attitude. I will definately keep my eyes and ears open!

Amber said...

You are so cute to put this on your blog. I can't even think about the hymn part of it or I will cry my eyes out. It was fun to chat the other day. Hopefully you are having a great time with Ash and the kids!