Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Goodbye Summer

Believe it or not, summer is over for our family. Three of our four kids started school this morning bright and early. Courtney is starting 8th grade. Seriously? When did that all happen? She looked so cute this morning. I will miss her, she is like having another adult around. Jackson started fifth grade, his last year in elementary school and Bowen started first grade, his first year of full day school. I have to admit my heart sank as I walked out of the school with just Coop in tow. I had to swallow hard to keep from making a scene. Coop looked up at me with a worried look on his face and said "Well I guess it's just me and you mom." He sounded disappointed. Never fear I have had each of my kids home alone with me for a couple of years while the others were in school and I love it. I feel like I have been able to spend a lot of quality time with each individual child and really developed our relationship. We will have fun, Cooper and I. Here are a few pictures of our first day of school.


4 comments:

The Owen Family said...

MAN you have some good looking boys on your hands. And that Courtney is so adorable or should I say beautiful! Trae will start kindergarten this year and I am afraid that I may cause a scene myself. But he is so excited, especially that he gets to ride the BUS. I am a little nervous about that, but he insists.

Anne Bowen said...

Thanks for posting. I've been thinking about my kids and wondering how the first day of school went. They all look so cute and soon grown up. I feel like time is flying too fast!

Woods said...

I can't believe summer has already come and gone and I haven't been able to hang out with those cute kids. They all look so CUTE for the first day of school. I can't believe how gorgeous Court is and how handsome the boys are! They all look similar but different. They are the cutest kids I've ever seen! I can't wait to see you guys!! I love you and miss you so much!

michellecluff said...

courtney looks like she's already in high school! oh how I love your kiddos! see you next week...