Sunday, February 17, 2008

True Love

So for Valentine's Day this year I got something really special. The real live Rapid Flu Virus. Fabulous. No, I did not get the flu shot this year, serves me right huh? When people say they have the flu, they don't, not the real flu. I for one have come to realize that I have never had the real flu either. I hope I never have it again. I did not even realize it was Valentine's Day. I could not lift my head off the pillow, I had a fever of 103, I was freezing cold, and sweating at the same time, I had a dry cough and a raging sore throat. The only reason I moved for three days was to go to the bathroom. Carter was amazing. He kept our house functioning, the kids fed and happy, all while trying to work. He made sure the kids had valentines, and valentines boxes, he even helped with Bowen's Kindergarten valentines party. He did laundry, covered me up, brought me food he thought would taste good, and laid by me to keep a watchful eye. He even brought Valentines gifts when he knew I wouldn't have noticed if he forgot. Now that is true love. I was able to get a perscription for Tamiflu which is supposed to shorten the flu by a few days, so I am feeling slightly better, but I tell you what this thing just hangs on. I am so bummed I missed a holiday, I love Valentine's day, and I had some fun things planned. I guess we will just have to have a belated celebration. For now I am facing a house full of fevering kids...Now it is my turn for true love.

6 comments:

Woods said...

Oh I am such a bad sister, I didn't even know you were sick! Not that I could have really done anything for you down here but I am the first to call you when I'm sick and complain to you about how I feel and you always seem to make me feel better. I'm so sorry, I hope you and your kiddies are feeling better soon. Love you!!

Nelson & Valerie Cluff said...

okay, so I am just a little jealous you got to just lie in bed and be sick. When does that ever happen? Are Carter and Nelson from the same family? Maybe we just need another 20 years...or however long you fogies have been married. :)

Amber said...

Yuck! Allyson had a 12 hour flu-like illness last week. I'm grateful that it wasn't the real flu or she would have been sick on her b-day. Sorry you had to go through that horridness.

jamie said...

I'm sorry that you have been so sick. Sounds like Carter took great care of you and the kids, go CARTER. My poor kids have been sick off and on for the last 2 weeks and cross my fingers, because I have not gotten it yet. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Katrine said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Anne Bowen said...

Thanks Carter, for being so good to Lori. You are one in a million! Maybe when I'm in St. George again, I can tend and you two can go celebrate Valentine's together!