My dad had to work so we didn't see him as much, but he did help us finish an impossibly hard puzzle. We also got to eat out with him. My kids love it when he is around. He is such a fun grandpa. It is always such a let down when they leave. It wasn't too sad because we were headed up north the next day. But before we left I had a lot to finish up. I mailed the Christmas card, and had a fun group of girls over to make some wooden Christmas signs,and finally I made two very large boxes of Christmas candy for Carter's offices.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Whirlwind Week!
We've been busy! Last week was crazy and fun. My mom and dad came for a quick visit on Monday and Tuesday. I love it when they come. It adds so much fun to our regular routine. I could hang out with my mom everyday and never tire of her. We have a great time together. We shopped and got our nails done, and she helped me do a ton of Christmas cooking. 
My dad had to work so we didn't see him as much, but he did help us finish an impossibly hard puzzle. We also got to eat out with him. My kids love it when he is around. He is such a fun grandpa. It is always such a let down when they leave. It wasn't too sad because we were headed up north the next day. But before we left I had a lot to finish up. I mailed the Christmas card, and had a fun group of girls over to make some wooden Christmas signs,and finally I made two very large boxes of Christmas candy for Carter's offices.
Whew! Was I glad to finally get out of town. We went up north to attend Carter's office party. His company got us hotel rooms at The Canyons in Park City. It was beautiful! Lots of fresh snow. Carter and I left our kids with Carter's parents on Friday morning and we spent the day shopping and hanging out together in Park City. Later, we went to dinner and the company party at the Cabin Restaurant. It was delicious and so much fun to spend time alone with Cart. Thanks Pam and Ben for making such a fun getaway possible. It was hard to come home after such a fun weekend. The roads going home were a bit dicey, but it was worth it! I can tell it is officially the Christmas season because my head is filling with to do lists. Now what to do for the neighbors, Any suggestions?
My dad had to work so we didn't see him as much, but he did help us finish an impossibly hard puzzle. We also got to eat out with him. My kids love it when he is around. He is such a fun grandpa. It is always such a let down when they leave. It wasn't too sad because we were headed up north the next day. But before we left I had a lot to finish up. I mailed the Christmas card, and had a fun group of girls over to make some wooden Christmas signs,and finally I made two very large boxes of Christmas candy for Carter's offices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
You are so talented! I want to be your neighbor, and make all the cute stuff. Sounds like alot of fun. Tell your mom Hi for me, she is such a great lady!
Lori~
Darling signs!! You always are so creative...and I LOVE your tree. I would like mine to look like that, but I have absolutely NO talent for stuff like that!! Sounds like you had a great weekend! Kevin and I stayed up at the Canyons in September and loved it! It's nice to be able to get away for a quick weekend trip!
I'm glad you got to come up during the snowy times. I was thinking you were going to be missing the snow this year!
Neighbors, shmeighbors. I say boycott neighbor gifts. :)
Just kidding, of course. Your card was darling. You are so clever and talented. I am constantly newly impressed by you.
I'm a friend of Laurie Murry's in Texas. You have an award waiting for you over on my site! ;)
Those signs are awesome....care to share instructions????
Wow. You make my head spin. What CAN'T you do? Those signs are darling. I agree with the above post. Any instructions you want to share? I love your site. You do a great job!
Lori!!! I just stumbled onto your blog! This is Katrine Shelton. You have a very cute family. We need to catch up!
Hi Lori- I was just on Tip Junkie, my new find! and saw your adorable Christmas letter life game- SO clever and so fun! I just had to click to link to your blog becuase you are my kind of woman- creative and crafty. Your family blog is darling! I might visit it again for more great ideas and inspiration. Have you been to "A Feathered Nest"? It's another great blogspot that I am addicted to. Go to www.projectsforyournest.com and enjoy! Anyway, cute family! -Angela K. from Meridian, ID
Oh, and where did you get that adorable template for your blog?
hey I left you a christmas tag go to my blog
Lisa- You are so nice, but you are the one that is amazing. You are my mom idol! My mom is always bragging you up to me. I wish I was your neighbor. I would be happy to show you how to cut stencils. I could show you when I am up. We are comeing for a week the day after Christmas, or we could do it another time. Merry Christmas!
For the rest of you who want instructions, I am not sure them best way to give them, but I would be willing to help you out.
Angela- Thank you! You are too kind. My brother moved to Meridian a year ago. Small world. Thanks for the tips
!
Post a Comment