Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Australia Day 4

Australia day four began with a trip to the Featherdale Wildlife Park. It was WAY better than breakfast with Koalas. And LOOK , no rain!



Here we are with a fuzzy Koala. He is totally into us.


Of course the animals loved Carter and his gentle nature. Oh, and his ice cream cone full of kangaroo/ wallaby goodness.

Oh look, this is how I have felt the last 17 years of my life. I hear ya mama wallaby, I hear ya.





Hanging with the wallabies and kangaroos was awesome until they tried to bite my hand off. I actually saw a couple of them boxing.  Food is serious business.



Megs and I hanging out with our kangaroo friends. This girl brings out the kid in me. Not good.


Isn't this guy cute? Look closely and you can see Carter lurking in the back ground. These guys may look cute and innocent, don't let them fool you, they really want to claw your eyes out, but alas, they are to tired.


Hello lady who I don't know, look at these lovely wallabies.





Carter is proudly holding Gwennies souvenir. By the way, she loved it. Good job Cart.


I had to but the kangaroo pencil topper. Hello, when you squeeze it the joey pops out of the mommas pouch. Priceless. After a fun morning at the wildlife park, we continued on to the Blue mountains.



The tour guide may or may not have made us want to jump out of the moving bus more than once, but the stunning views helped to make up for it.



Here is the boss enjoying some homemade apple pie at one of the famous apple orchards along the way.





Cody and Laura improved our tour greatly. They are entertaining. We love them.


We got to ride the tram into the rain forest, which was so amazing.

This waterfall was called Bridal Veil Falls.

This mountain was called the Three Sisters. Is was so fun to see a different side of Sydney. It was so beautiful. We wrapped up our day with a trip to see the ballet at the Sydney Opera House. I'm going to be honest and say we were all so tired that most of us slept through the whole thing, but hey, now we can all say that we have seen a ballet in the Sydney Opera House. What a fun day in Sydney.

3 comments:

Bowen Family said...

Wow! All these pictures are so amazing. What a great vacation, you guys got to see some really awesome things. Way to go Carter :)

Colt 'n Tami said...

Love how you documented our triperoo down under! You guys ROCK! It was fun hangin out with ya and the chip'n dale from down under... oh wait! They were boy ballerina's totally different! haah! Hope all is well :)

thanida said...

Nice post. Got some inspiration from this post.
gclub