Monday, July 2, 2012

Austrailia Day 3

Day four in Australia started out with a bang. Off we went to eat "Breakfast With the Koalas." Here we are at the entrance posing with a ferocious bird that can kill you in seconds. Super great. Luckily this was the plastic version. Dodged a bullet there.






This is the wax version of a kangaroo. Yes we did see some real animals, wait for it......The zoo happened to share and entrance with Madam Tussaud's, so wax Leo and I decided to reenact the Titanic. Look how into me he is.


We say a Wombat

A pretty bird


and of course some Koalas. They were behind glass. Boring. They sleep 22 hours a day and apparently you are not allowed to touch them in Australia.....Boo!


Here we are eating breakfast with the Koalas, or eating in front of their glass cage. We got to see lots of cool animals and hang our with our friends so all in all it was a good time.

We spent the rest of the day exploring the city and shopping, It was fun. Most of the others went sailing. I was so afraid I would be sea sick that we didn't sign up to go (although I strongly encouraged Carter to go without me). Apparently it was the funnest thing ever in the history of super fun things that anyone there had EVER done. Lesson learned. 


Later that evening we attended a fun dinner with these great gals


Every dinner was a fancy as could be. This one was supposed to introduce us to a little bit of the Australian food culture. It was pretty good, even if they did try to sneak some nasty Vegemite into those cute little grilled cheese sandwiches.



Have I mentioned how much I love this guy, and how unbelievably hared he worked to get us here. You are the best Mr. Cluff!


We were treated to some serious traditional aboriginal dancing. Him and I have the same body.










For dessert we tried our very first Baked Alaska.



Was it good you ask? I think Roy's expression says it all.



1 comment:

erika said...

so maybe we rubbed our sailing fun in a little bit too much? my bad.