Dust ruffle material
Bumper pad material

I want to sew a little flag bunting similar to the one above and below.
The crib is in the process of being refinished. After four babies gnawing away at it, it is looking a little shabby. It is going to be the color of the birds on the wall. Brave? Maybe. We painted this cute branch with birds on the wall. I saw several similar ones on the Internet in vinyl. but I am cheap and didn't want to pay for it. I found a graphic I like online and printed it onto a transparency. We borrowed an over head projector and projected it onto the wall. We traced in in pencil and then painted it. I outlined the branches with a black paint pen to give it a more finished look. I am pretty happy with the results.
Getting ready to trace a bird that is flaying away. Carter looks fascinated doesn't he? He's a cute kid and so very helpful.
I have had a few requests for a picture of a pregnant me. This is as close as your going to get people.
This is Carter putting on the final touches.
The final product. I still need to outline the birds but definitely not in black. Not sure what color though.
We painted another little bird above the window. We hung some sheer off white curtains that puddle on the floor.
Pregnancy Update: I have been on a Progesterone shot since I was about 14 weeks along. This is a once a week injection to help me stay pregnant longer as I tend to deliver early. I had a severe allergic reaction to them at about 25 weeks and had to stop taking them. I am now on a blood pressure medication that is suppose to relax the blood vessels and make the contractions slow up a bit, but not stop them. It is a little bit riskier because it can cause a person with a normal blood pressure to have abnormally low blood pressure, so we are keeping an eye on that. I am having tons and tons of contractions every day, but what is new? With all my pregnancies I have had contractions from 20 weeks on. With Bowen they had to stop labor at 32 weeks and Coop was born at 35 weeks. We really don't want that again. We want to be able to take this little girl home with us from the hospital and enjoy her. I am 31 weeks now and praying to get to at least 36 weeks. Its getting closer, maybe I should look into getting a car seat!
13 comments:
Can't wait to see the nursery all finished-you are amazing! Good luck incubating a bit longer:)
That is so adorable! I love it! I actually love that it's not the typical pink. I kinda wanted to do something in that direction too. But the lack of a sewing machine and the skills to sew well made me settle for something cheap. :) I love how you stenciled the branches and birds on the wall-very creative! Someday we'll live somewhere where we can paint. As for now, we'll just have to settle with the bedding. :)
Oh by the way-I hope you and your baby will continue to be healthy! As much as I would like this baby out now, I would much rather deal with being uncomfortable than dealing with a premature baby. I'll keep you and little one in my prayers!
So gorgeous!! Your tummy and the soon to be nursery! I love the wall painting!!! And the fabric is delicious!! Lay low and keep her in there as long as you can!!
Yay!! I've been waiting to see what is going on with the nursery. It is so cute!! I love the tree so much. You and Carter are amazing!
I love the colors and the walls. You are so creative. She is one lucky baby girl. We are praying for you. Good luck! Keep us posted.
ummm...WOW! seriously, lori... you've totally outdone yourself this time. and that's saying a lot for you because you naturally go above and beyond with everything. seriously gorgeous! i hope and pray everything goes well with you and baby girl. good luck!! xoxo
What a darling room, do you wanna make some EXTRA bedding? You look great and I hope that everything goes well!
What a adorable nursery you have, you guys are so talented. Wish you could come do a nursery for me!
Thanks you guys for the wonderful comments and nice things you had to say. You are the best friends ever!
PS Jamie--are you trying to tell me something???
Your nursery will be adorable! And I love your cute prego belly!
There goes Grandma's room...I guess my days of sleeping at your house are over...small price to pay for a new, little granddaughter! The nursery is going to be darling! Carter is a really good painter (See you can't fool me, I know who's really doing the work!)
Okay, so the nursery looks awesome. But that pic of your belly when you're painting....ummm...where is the baby? You're suppose to be fatter. :) Seriously. And the nursery really is rad. I think rad is the right word. Either way...well done. Can't wait to see it in person.
Post a Comment