Saturday, January 23, 2010

Feathering My Nest

I think I am nesting. Sudden bursts of energy, enough energy to to do ALL the laundry in one day (I haven't seen the bottom of the hamper in four years). The desire to sew. I don't even really love to sew. Some painting. I HATE painting. Cleaning out closets, freeing them of clothes that no longer fit the boys. Even partially reupholstering a chair. I am finishing projects that have been neglected for years. This is either nesting, someone slipping something in my drink or a miracle. Either way I know that it will not last long, so I am trying to enjoy this small window of time. Below you will find a few of things I have been working on. The nursery needs just a couple of little touches before it is complete and then I will post it.

This is the fabric bunting sewn from the crib material and other coordinating materials



The bumper pads and the dust ruffle are done....finally! Carter finished painting the crib.




I am in love with these little appliqued onesies. Courtney helped me make these. Can you imagine these on a tiny baby with little leg warmers? Now I need leg warmers...great!


Burp cloths. Don't worry these are not all for me, some are gifts. They are so quick and easy.



**Pregnancy Update: I am now 32 weeks. When I was 32 weeks pregnant with Bowen I spent a night in the hospital where they had to stop my labor. So far none of that business. We found out during the routine glucose screening that I am extremely anemic. I guess being so low on iron makes you very sluggish and tired. I just thought I was pregnant, isn't that how you feel pregnant? I am now having to take iron supplements. I'm not sure they are helping much, but we will see. I am still having between 20-30 contractions every single day, but nothing that lasts a significant amount of time. I know it sounds strange, but I am so glad to still be pregnant!

12 comments:

The Owen Family said...

All your stuff is so darn cute! I wish I had that kind of motivation...

Reynolds Family said...

Everything turned out so darling-love the crib!!! I was anemic as well and apparently it takes up to 2 weeks for the supplements to take effect.

michellecluff said...

LOVE the crib...and the bedding... and the flags... and...and...and... you're fantastic. nice work. this is one lucky little girl!

Elder Logan Cottle said...

I love all your nesting projects. I say if you have the energy to do these things and WANT to do them, then GO FOR IT! I can't wait to see your little new addition....SO exciting. :)

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That is so funny! I'm the exact same way right now. I have been organizing like crazy! I think I'm driving my husband crazy. :) Our place is just so small, and I feel this urgency to get things clean and organized...NOW! Isn't it funny. I guess there could be worse things than the urge to clean. :)

I love the bedding-turned out so so cute!

I've also been anemic and on iron this time. I still feel way tired all the time though, so I also wonder about its effectiveness. I'm taking this kind called Slow SE (a slow release iron) that supposedly helps w/ the negative effects, if ya know what I mean.

Yes, I'm getting a little tired of this-everything this pregnancy is just more uncomfortable. Heartburn, sore but and upper legs (that's a new one), sore back, tired....but hey, can't complain. I would rather be uncomfortable than have an early baby. How about you? I hope you can stick with it a little longer. Even a few weeks would make a huge difference!

Ok, sorry...super long comment. :)

Kris said...

I love everything you did! I really could use a lesson on the burp cloths.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

By the way-love the onsies and burp rags! You're so talented. I found some cute leg warmers at the 99 cent store of all places! :) I only got one pair. I totally should have get a few, because I say similar ones at Target for $9. What was I thinking?!

Anonymous said...

I love it all. I think that baby girl will just make the room that much better.

Amy M. said...

Oh my gosh...LOVE IT!!!!!! She is going to be the best dressed little girl in the neighborhood! I love the room, you are simply amazing! And Christmas looked like a blast in your house! I can't wait for your sweet little lady to get her! (Nash needs to meet his "woman".)

Bowen Family said...

Are you kidding. That little girl is going to have the coolest crib (room) ever! I love it. The onsies are adorable. I hope I get a girl. I am so glad you are still pregnant too. We love you!

EMILY said...

Cutest onesies ever! Is there anything you can't do? Love ya.

Carrick family said...

Oh my gosh!! They all are so dang cute!!! YOu are soooo TALENTED!!!! Wish I have your talent!