Courtney on her 14th birthday
Courtney at 9 Months Old
Courtney actually turned fourteen last Sunday the 23rd of August, but we decided to celebrate in true Cluff style and drag it out for a whole week! This girl is the most special fourteen year old on the planet, so I think she deserved a week packed with special Courtney days.
She picked out this present and still is this excited!
The festivities started last Friday when grandpa and grandma came into town to take care of some "house business". They took Courtney out to the Brick Oven which just opened here in St. George. Delicious. On Saturday Carter and I took Courtney shopping and to a little Japanese bistro. We met up with grandma for a late night movie-Julie and Julia. Although I had to cover Courts eyes and ears a couple of times, I just need to say that I am in LOVE with the movie. It is SO up my ally and I plan on baking my way through a cookbook starting any day now. Oh and I am going to go to France too. Mark my words.
We kept the celebration rolling into Sunday(her actual birthday) with a BBQ with the grandparents and and ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. My kids are tired of my baked goods and frankly, so am I.
The rest of the week was spent preparing for the grand finale-and what a grand finale it was. We had several giggly, hyper, silly fourteen year old girls over for a carnival. Games were played, prizes were won, food was consumed and pictures were taken. It was a success and I am beat. Good thing we only do parties every other year. The next one for Courtney is the big 16!!! Lets not talk about it okay? I'm serious don't ever talk to me about it.
The Birthday Banner
The Girls
The Dart Throw (Jack liked working the booths for the ladies)
Everyone got tickets to spend
Courtney at the Fishing Pond
Homemade Fries(we had nachos, burgers and hotdogs too)
Cotton Candy and Popcorn Booth
The Photo Booth
Photo Booth Pictures
Now for a few words about the birthday girl. If you know her, I don't need to tell you. But I have too. She is the light of our world. She is happy, HILARIOUS, and good. Just plain good. i have been proud of Courtney since the day she was born. She is not perfect, but she tries and she tries hard. She looks for the underdog and she genuinely loves everyone. I haven't done a thing to make this girl so amazing, she was born good. Just plain good. With our you Courtney my life would be much harder, not so bright and who would make me laugh until my insides ache? Courtney-"You are the bread to my butter, and the breath to my life." Please bless she stays as wonderful as she is now. Why am I so blessed? Oh well, I'll take it.

2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Courtney!! She's such a beautiful young woman!
She is such a sweet girl! Tell her Happy Birthday for me!
Post a Comment