Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Honestly!


I have been nagging Jackson to finish ONE Faith in God goal to get his religious knot. For some reason it seemed like a mountain for him. He had to write a poem or a short story on a gospel principle. The more I nagged him the more upset he got and the more daunting the task seemed to him, I even tried writing the title for him. When I pray... No luck. So I dropped it. I figured if he wanted the religious knot bad enough he would do it, if not his fault. I didn't hear much for a week. When my kids go to bed it is no secret I like to mess around on the computer, one night I kept hearing them in and out of bed. I yelled (nicely, of course) for them to GO TO BED! I had just about had it and I really didn't want to go up there..it's like 15 stairs. When down floats this paper airplane. I ignore. As I get up to go to bed I notice it says "unfold" on both wings. I do and this is what it says..." Honesty ...
Honesty is warm, loving, and gentle. To me honesty means everything. Honesty is a great attribute to have. When you are honest you feel like you just did the right thing. When you lie all you feel is guilt. I truly hope always to be honest"

See- not that hard. He did a great job. Jack is a great kid and I have learned time and time again not to push him to hard. He knows what is right and by george he will do it if given the appropriate time and space.

6 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

Okay, that is pretty cute!

Teri said...

Ahh... pretty sweet. Your kids sure are growing up. Have a good night! -Teri

three pinkies said...

Way to not do it for him! I am currently in the Bear Den and we just worked on that- I wanted to tell all 8 boys what to write! (It took 2 meetings for them to get it done- on their own!)
Good luck!

Kirsten and Cory said...

Lori, I had to laugh because I have received many flying airplanes my way at night too...only mine aren't creative like that. Instead they usually have an apology for something that they did earlier in the day. It always makes me smile. I love it when they come up with something like this...they really know how to win their mom's hearts, don't they? I hope you saved it for him. :)

Shondell said...

Cluff family, you do not know me...and I'm not a fan of blog stocking, but I was on Erin Warners blog and was scrolling down to another friend of ours when I saw the airplane, I couldn't help but check it out having a house full of boys myself...let me just say I was so touched by your sons simple, but true thoughts on Honesty. I can only hope for my son's to have those same feeling...Honesty is an amazing virtue, and believe me when I say I've thought that gospel in action or scouts may be the death of me! :)

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

If we're going to talk about wife of the year-let be honest, we know that's you! I made the super hero invite using a program on my mac called Comic Life. It comes standard on mac computers, but only compatible with macs. If you need me to help you make up something, I would be happy to help!