Thursday, October 9, 2008

Creating

Sticky floor, sticky arms, sticky feet, even a sticky ceiling. That is what you get when you can anything, even if it is not a sticky thing. We ended u with 70 jars of beautiful golden peaches. Sounds like a lot, but it is not rare for us to go through 3 bottles for a meal. My kids love them. This year I really reduced the sugar and you can't even tell. I also mustered the energy to do 20 bottles of peach raspberry jam. Thanks to Amber for the wonderful recipe I use every year. The best thing about canning this year is that everyone I know was interested in learning how. I got to teach quite a few women in my neighborhood how to can and we all felt so productive. I owe a great big thanks to my mom and grandma's who wisely passed on this homemaking skill. If you don't do it, try it! Just one fruit or jam/jelly. Your family will love you for it!
Here are a couple things I have been working on.This is a banner my sisters helped me put together for a friend's baby shower. I like how it turned out. I made a few extra triangles and made the letters removable so I could change it into a Happy Birthday banner for Cooper's upcoming birthday. I like that I can change it for any occasion. I think I will make a girlie one too.
I saw these tissue paper balls on Martha. They look much more difficult than they are, but they dressed up the shower nicely. I will be making several more for a business launch party this weekend.
Here is the most recent cupcake order. It was for an 89th birthday party. Flavors included: Coconut with coconut cream filling, Lemon with lemon curd, Chocolate with chocolate pastry cream, Vanilla with vanilla pastry cream. They turned out yummy! I am doing over 200 this weekend for the launch party. I was thinking I need a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, or a pumpkin spice. Any flavor suggestions? What is your favorite flavor? Help a girl out.

3 comments:

Lisa Hartle said...

Holy cow Lori you are amazing! I love you darling blog! It has been so long but it is nice to see you are still "wonderwoman" in the flesh! Are you starting a business to share all of your amazing talents? Best of luck with that! You will rock it-I'm sure of that! Take care!

The Owen Family said...

Of course it all looks GREAT, I love the tissue balls...
So fill us in on the business launch?

Teri said...

Wow Lori! You are so crafty! Your canned peaches look yummy too! Carter is lucky to have you as a wife.

I'm about to make my blog private, if you can send me your email address I'll send you a invite. My email is: tlstowe3590@gmail.com.