Here is the obligatory Christmas run down. What a fantastic Christmas it was! I think we should always have Christmas on Sunday. It was perfect.

On Christmas Eve we had this darling family over for dinner. The
Mogenson's are some of our favorite people in the world. They humor us and they are from
Moab so the don't judge us either.

We hung the Chinese lanterns and ordered in Chinese food to save on the stress. It was a great idea. Very relaxed.

After a rousing game of Christmas charades, Carter read the Nativity and all this kids were very good sports as I made them dress up and act it out.

Isn't this the cutest little lamb you have ever seen? If only she would obediently follow her shepherd.

Poor Courtney, we continue to torture her with the role of Mary and a husband five years her junior. She's a great sport.

Here's our Cooper shepherd trying his
darndest to keep Gwennie in the fold.

This is the very best group shot I could get. Bowen and Jack are the
wise men. Coop is the Shepherd with Gwennie and Hayden as his sheep. Court is Mary with Hunter as Joseph, and
Kinley as a darling angel.

I just had to get a shot of my two girls together. Gwen absolutely insisted on her brown baby for baby Jesus.

After the
Mogenson's left we let the kids open their
jammies from grandma and grandpa Bowen. Mom is great at picking out what the kids will like!

Another picture of our girls....that is so fun to say!

Carter and I continued our blanket tradition and gave the kids down blankets. They love one that I have and they are always stealing it. They were more than thrilled to get these.

Christmas morning was MAGICAL. Carter and I got Gwen up first and let her discover the presents. Non of my kids have ever reacted the way she did. She walked all around the tree gasping each time she discovered something new. It made every dollar, effort and hour spent worth it!

We got the rest of the kids up (they know it is time to get up when the hear the Santa bells ringing and dad yelling HO HO HO, just like my dad did when we were little.) and started the morning. We always wrap everything! I want the opening to take a long time. We take turns unwrapping from youngest to oldest. This year since church was at nine, we only let them open a few presents. We
stopped and had our traditional breakfast of cinnamon rolls, quiche and juice. Usually we invite lots of friends over, but since it was Sunday we didn't this year.

Gwen in her church get up. I didn't get a picture of anyone else. BOO!

After church Gwen ran into the house yelling "Mo
Pesents!!" All of the kids loved watching Gwen open her gifts. She totally got it this year. She loved everything she got. Babies make everything better.

Courtney got clothes, clothes and more clothes.

Bowen got
airsoft guns, basketball gear, clothes and toys.

Jackson got DUKE everything (his latest passion), and basketball gear, a watch and cologne.

This is Gwen tearing into one of her gifts. She didn't need any help!

Gwenni got a baby, a stroller (which she had jammed lovingly into the back of my ankles more than once), clothes and toys.

Coop got toys, basketball gear, shoes and clothes. It was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable Christmas' that I can remember. My favorite thing about the holidays is the amount of time spent together making memories. I am so lucky to be making these memories with the most wonderful people in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment